If your teeth are looking yellow or stained, you can make them look their best again with professional teeth whitening. It's effective and easy.
You may be wondering why teeth become stained in the first place. There are a number of reasons, including:
- Drinking coffee, tea, and red wine
- Consuming some types of berries or carrots
- Taking certain kinds of medication, like tetracycline
- Nicotine stains from smoking which builds up over time
- Overuse of fluoride, causing mottled white spots on teeth
- Natural tooth color which grows more noticeable over time
Whatever has caused the staining of your teeth, you don’t have to live with it. Instead, you can make your teeth look great again with professional teeth whitening. Whether you choose an in-office treatment or a simple, easy and thorough take home kit from your dental team, it’s easy these days to make your teeth look bright and shiny again.
The Cost of Teeth Whitening
Of course, cost is important, but when it comes to teeth whitening, the most effective procedures take place with the help of your dental team, rather than using products purchased over the counter. The most effective, safe, and longest lasting treatments are professional.
At our office we offer Philips ZOOM!® WhiteSpeed, which has adjustable intensity settings to help maximize patient comfort, and 99% of all patients experience little to no sensitivity. Philips ZOOM!® DayWhite and NiteWhite have a special formula with built-in potassium nitrate and ACP (amorphous calcium phosphate), which are well regarded and well known desensitizers.
Treatment cost itself varies, depending on the exact type of treatment that’s utilized; in-office with Zoom high speed whitening typically costs $550 while the take home version typically costs $350. Exact cost also depends on the condition of your teeth. Long-lasting and safe, professional whitening our patients find it’s worth the expense to safely have a bright, fresh smile.
So, Is Professional Teeth Whitening Worth It?
Although teeth whitening is a cosmetic procedure, and not usually covered by dental insurance, it’s still an excellent value. For one thing, the treatment can last three years or more with the proper care. It’s safe, effective, and will brighten and whiten the look of your smile so you’ll be ready for your close-up any time!
And caring for your new smile is simple. Regular dental hygiene is the key - and should be a part of your dental health routine for your oral and overall health anyway. All you have to do is:
- Schedule your regular dental cleaning from your dentist every six months or as recommended
- Brush and floss twice daily
- Avoid dark colored food and beverages after your whitening treatment for a week
- Sip dark colored beverages with a straw whenever possible
- Receive follow up or maintenance whitening as your dental team recommends
Ready to Learn More About the Cost of Teeth Whitening?
If you’re ready to get a shiny new smile, and want to learn more about teeth whitening and cost, we can help. Just reach out and give us a call today for more information or to schedule an appointment that’s convenient for you!